We have decorated gingerbread houses a few times with the kids, and it is amazing to me how even with a kit it can be very difficult to get the house to stay stuck together. But, my kids love choosing how to decorated the house with various candies, and then stepping back and seeing the house they have created.
The Sweet Home bundle allows you to make your own gingerbread house without all the fuss. Unfortunately, the Candy Cane Lane dsp is sold out, but you could us other dsp for the house, and then just stamp all the candies instead of cutting them out. And don’t forget to checkout the year end closeouts to make sure there isn’t anything you can’t lived without before it sells out too.
2. Assemble house with tear n tape. Fill box before closing if you want treats inside.
3. Cut a 5.5 x 2.5 piece of candy cane dsp for the roof. Cut a scallop on each end using the home sweet home thinlets. Fold in half, and adhere to the box with tear n tape.
4. Stamp three peppermint candies and two poles with versamark ink, and sprinkle red embossing powder until covered. Shake off extra powder, and heat emboss the images. Cut candies out with the thinlets, and the poles with your paper snips.
5. Cut out two candies from the candy cane lane dsp. Attach these and the embossed candies to the roof using glue dots or Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. Attach poles using tear n tape.
7. Cut out a gingerbread man from the dsp, and adhere to box with tear n tape or a Stampin dimensional.