Do you remember picking your Halloween costume as a kid? One year I just couldn’t decide between a ballerina or a bunny so my mom combined the two, and I was a ballerina bunny. And, showing my age, I was once a rock star all the way down to my Madonna like lace gloves. We always made our costumes, and my mom was so talented at bringing all the details we had in our heads to life.
When I saw the cookie cutter Halloween set I knew it had to come to my house. The cute little kids in their costumes brought me right back to my childhood. The elaborate vampire costume would have been something my mom would have put together perfectly.
Did you catch that I said cookie cutter earlier? This stamp set uses a new punch that cuts out a gingerbread man shape. But, Stampin’ Up! didn’t just settle for making a gingerbread man set and calling it a day. There are two sets that use this awesome new punch. My card also features the new Halloween Night speciality designer series paper and pumpkin pie glimmer paper.
1. Cut and score a pumpkin pie card base.
2. Cut a 3.75 x 5.25 piece of designer series paper, and attach it to the card base.
3. Cut a .75 x 5.5 piece of pumpkin pie paper, and attach to the card with tear and tap.
4. Stamp the vampire with memento black, and color him in using a blender pen and perfect plum, old olive, and pumpkin pie inks.
5. Stamp the mummy with memento black ink, and color in using a blender pen and pumpkin pie ink.
6. Cut out each figure with the cookie cutter punch.
7. Attach to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Make sure to visit my Facebook page (link in the top left corner). I have a video of my holiday mini preorder haul with a ton of sneak peaks. I also have information on this weekend’s tax free weekend in several states. See you there!