I never realized how funny kids were about planning birthdays until I had my own. My daughter is especially fun to plan parties for, because she gets excited about making decorations and favors months before her birthday. In May (mind you her birthday is in September) she told me she wanted a unicorn party.. Ummmmm …..I told her we would wait and discuss it after her brothers’ party was over. Well, thank goodness for the Oriental Trading magazine, because she decided she wanted an Under the Sea party, but like her momma she wants to make things for it. She, of course, loved the Seaside Shore stamp set when it came out. What took me by total suprise was how much I am using it as a general card making set. It is so much fun to play with, and the By the Shore Designers Series Paper is a must have as well.
The shaker element on this card is so much fun! Here is how I made the card.
1. Cut a 9.5 x 6.75 piece mint macaroon cardstock. Fold in half and score.
2. Cut a 2.5 x 5.75 piece of the fish dsp.
3. Stamp the sentiment in dapper denim onto very vanilla cardstock.
4. Cut out with the circle framelits.
5. Cut a 2 x 6.5 piece of dapper denim. And, run it with the wave die through the big shot.
6. Cut a piece of 2 x 6.5 piece of window sheet, and attach it to the dapper denim with tear and tape.
7. Flip it to the back side, and outline the wave with the foam adhesive strips. It will take two strips.
8. Run your finger along the side of the foam strip to reduce the amount of stickiness.
9. Take sequins and place inside.
10. Cut three fish from the designers series paper, and place inside.
11. Take a few of the dapper denim wave scraps from cutting the wave, and place inside.
12. Cut a 2 x 6.5 piece of the blue wave paper from the dsp.
13. Remove the white paper covering the foam strip, and set the blue wave paper on top of it.
12. Adhere the fish strip of dsp to the card.
13. Adhere the circle to the card.
14. Adhere the shaker element to the card.
Here is a shot of the whole card.
The sequins I used in this shaker were from the June Paper Pumpkin. Here are the rest of the supplies: