Fishing was a big part of my childhood from trout fishing at our state park to fishing in the small pond at my grandparent’s house in the country. And, then there was the fishing we did on summer vacation. We would set up folding chairs beside the lake, and watch our bobbers in hope of catching a fish. As a kid I found it so much fun, and as a parent I now know all the work and planning that goes into making a relaxing vacation well relaxing (at least for the kids). There is nothing quite like catching that fish, however small, and holding it up for your parents to see.
Our new stamp set Seaside Shore captures all the fun of those relaxing summer vacations. And, it offers a lot of versatility in creating ocean scenes. I also love that you can make cards for pretty much any occasion and for the men in your life.
1. Cut and score a mint macaroon card base.
2. Cut a 3.75 x 5.5 piece of dapper denim.
3. Cut a 3.5 x 5.5 piece of pool party.
4. Stamp the seaweed in mint macaroon moving the stamp up and down to give some variety to the image.
5. Stamp the sentiment in mint macaroon.
6. Ink the fish with daffodil delight, and then roll slightly in peekaboo peach. Stamp onto whisper white paper.
7. Repeat step six.
8. Cut out each fish. When I fussy cut I leave a small white border, because I think it looks nicer and leaves room for imperfect cutting.
9. Adhere the pool party cardstock to the dapper denim, and adhere the dapper denim to the card base.
I hope you enjoyed your four day weekend and your Fourth of July! Here are the supplies I used: