I love saving money when shopping. I carefully plan purchases to use discount codes, coupons, etc. so that I don’t pay more than I need to. Don’t get me wrong, I am not at the level of going to the grocery store and having them pay for my groceries, but I have definitely stood in line at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a twenty percent off coupon for every item in my cart. But, I have also found that as we have more children and life gets busier it is harder to keep track of all those coupons, gift cards, etc. So, I knew I wanted a pocket in my new planner to keep all of them. The envelope punch board makes it easy peasy, and the Jar of Love stamp set makes it oh so pretty to look at.
These would also be great for those working the Dave Ramsey cash only envelope system. You could bless yourself or a friend by making them a set of decorated cash envelopes. You could even use our alphabets to hand stamp what each envelope is for!
Here is how I made it.
- Cut an 11.5 x 11.5 pice of paper, and follow the directions for that size paper of the envelop punch board.
- Cut a piece of 2.75 x 5.75 whisper white cardstock.
- Stamp the large jar with tempting tourquise.
- Stamp three stems with mint macaroon.
- Stamp two flowers with daffodil delight ink.
- Stamp the second layer of the flower in flirty flamingo.
- Stamp the water with the ombré bermuda bay pad.
- Stamp the bow with flirty flamingo ink.
- Mat the whisper white paper with a 3 x 6 piece of flirty flamingo.
- Cut a 1.25 by 6.25 piece of flirty flamingo. Punch with an arc system punch.
- Attach to the envelope with tear and tape.
- Use a piece of washi tape along where you attached the two papers. I used some I already had, but I can’t wait for our new Affectionately Yours washi tape to come as it is the perfect planner washi!
I love that I can stay organized, and have something handmade to brighten up my day every time I open my planner.
Here are the supplies you will need to make your own pocket.